Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5 Mistakes

Today I wrote the performance test for an administrative assistant position with the State of Oklahoma. The last test I wrote was for a clerical position. I figured this one would be tougher, and it was. I still scored 94% though. Not bad. Got 80 out of 85 questions correct. Last time I got 95 of the 100 questions correct. 5 mistakes seems to be the norm for me.

It seems the State of Oklahoma gives preference to Veterans. I had an interview scheduled for the first position, however they later cancelled advising there were 2 Veterans who qualified and, as such, they would be hiring one of those. Wonder if that will always be the case. I decided to take the test for this new position and then that will be it for writing tests for the State. Takes me over 2 hours to write them. We'll see if an interview develops from this one. The main reason for wanting to get on with the State is for their benefits.

While there, I saw something new. Waiting for the elevator, there was a sign similar to our "What to Do in Case of Fire" postings back home, except this one was for "What to Do in Case of a Tornado". Now that's a first for me.

And of course for the ride home....you guessed it....a Happy Hour Sonic slush. Tried a different flavour this time...blue coconut.

I'll sure miss Happy Hour once I get a job.

No comments: