Monday, May 9, 2011

The Great Wall of Bins

When there's only one room and it simply won't do, just pile up the bins and make it into two. Introducing our room divider...the great wall of bins:


Behind the bins is our office/dining room. In front, the bedroom. How's that for close living quarters? Actually, we do have a small kitchen and a bathroom as well, so don't feel too badly for me. :) This is what you call a "studio apartment" in these parts. Thankfully it's temporary. It served its purpose while hubby was waiting for the immigration paperwork to be processed. Now that I'm down here, it's time to move on. We've put in an offer on a small house and it has been accepted (yay), but there are several things that need to come together before it's a done deal, so please hold off on your congratulations. We're hopeful though. Sure would be nice to be in a house again. In the meantime, my life remains binned up.

Here's a picture of the house we hope to get. We love the backyard...not only is it a decent size, it's private and has lots of mature trees. And hey, how about that? A red vehicle in the driveway. Imagine that.


I end today's blog with a picture of the apartment complex we're currently in. I look forward to the day I leave it in my rearview mirror. Actually, I doubt I'll even look in my rearview mirror.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bodacious- I'm puttin in a word with the Man upstairs to ask that you and what's his name get the house.
Worked with the new job with him---

Herbie

"B" said...

We appreciate it Herbie. :)