Friday, May 13, 2011

No blog yesterday. Blogger's been having issues. Although you could see my blog, I couldn't post. It's now up and running again.

Happy Hour

Every day between 2 and 4 p.m., it's Happy Hour! At Sonic.

Sonic is what our A&W's used to be like when I was a kid. You'd pull into one of the many stalls with your car, each equipped with a menu, press the button when you were ready to order, wait a few minutes and then a carhop would come out with your meal and you'd pay him/her.

I'm now addicted to Sonic Slushes. Between 2 and 4 p.m., drinks are half price. I can't resist! Cherry, Watermelon and Cranberry are my flavours of choice.

Sonic boasts that it's America's Drive-In. Just like our Tim Horton's back home, they can be found on almost every corner. Even the smallest of towns will have one!

And those carhops, they're just oozing with happiness. Always joking around and being super polite. Just the other day I went through the drive-thru. My change was 2 cents. The guy told me he had a guy once ask for his two cents. His reply: "Well I can give it to you but it probably won't amount to much". Ah, ha ha ha ha!

Sonic would also be a favourite of my daughter's if she were down here. When she visited a few years ago, we went and she loved it. I can't help but think of her whenever I go...with a little twinge of guilt. :)



Okay, it's now 3:30 p.m. I must make my Sonic run! I think I may have replaced Starbucks with Sonic.

Friday the 13th today. Mwahahaha! Enjoy your weekend. And remember...Don't worry, be happy!

No comments: