Friday, May 6, 2011

Sticky Notes ...

That's what you'll see a lot of when you walk into the laundromat here on site at the apartment complex. They act as warnings to stay away from that particular machine. And they are everywhere.

It sucks to have to be in a laundromat again. Last time I had to do that (excluding when I was out on the road with hubby) was over 20 years ago. Feels like I'm moving backward in life rather than forward. But what sucks even more is feeling the need to drive to another laundromat when there's one just a 30 second walk away from my doorstep. Not only is the laundromat here in desperate need of repair (half the machines don't work), it also needs a good cleaning. I've lost more than a few dollars putting my clothes into a machine, only to discover that it doesn't work, and neither does the change return button. Hmmm. Lovely. Sticky note! Where's the friggin' sticky note?!!! Several complaints by residents have been made to the manager, but her response is simply that the laundromat is contracted out. Basically, not her problem. It is quite frustrating.

I hate using public machines. Who knows what grossness has donned those machines before my arrival. Ewww! I so look forward to the day that I have my own machines again.

I do always try to look on the bright side of things. I suppose the one plus side about doing laundry in a laundromat is the ability to do all of your loads at once. It results in a lot of folding afterward, but it's all done in one shot. I did 5 loads today...at an off site laundromat. Beats fighting for the working machines here. Haven't had to fist fight for one yet, but it's best to avoid that. Last time I did laundry here, during my short walk there I noticed another woman with clothes basket in hand. Suddenly our walking pace sped up. Who's going to get to the door first? She did. Fortunately there were enough working machines for the 2 of us, but once we put our loads in, that was it. There wasn't a washer to spare. And only a few dryers were available. Figured there'd be a race back to get our clothes out of the washers once they were done. She beat me! Just as I was going in, she was coming out. And I was right about my earlier gut feeling that she was a b-i-t-c-h. She totally ignored me and let the door slam in my face...literally. Ya, you have a nice day there chicky poo.

Have a good weekend! And a Happy Mother's Day to all my mother friends.

No comments: